This book is definitely for men, and it's hilarious!  Soon I Will Be
Invincible by Austin Grossman is a novel that reads like a comic book.
Have you ever met someone so smart they were stupid?  Well, meet the
most evil of villains, Dr. Smartacus....no, let's try Count
Smakula...nope, how about Dr. Invincible?  He's out to get the
superheroes, especially Core Fire, the world's greatest superhero!  But
there are some glitches on both ends, including fighting between the
superheroes over a recent divorce and dividing their assets as well as
other regular adult situations that infect them.
Very very funny...very very guy!
Cover is great too!
Hope this helps : )

Naomi Bates
Northwest High School Library
>>> Dona the Librarian <librarian@VIC.CHARIOT.NET.AU> 10/05/08 3:03 PM

I love Bill Bryson's books: A Walk in the Woods, Made in America, Mother
Tongue, Down Under/Sundburnt Country, Thunderbolt Kid (if raised in the
50's/60's) Notes from a Big Country.  Unless you are really into science
wouldn't recommend A Short History on Everything.  VERY HEAVY!
Dona

On 10/6/08 5:41 AM, "Pat Hoppe" <Marbeth2@AOL.COM> wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I will say knowing my collection is my forte.   I read the YA books.
On the
> other hand, it is a handicap when I'm asked for adult recommendations.
  The
> last adult book I read was "The Secret Life of Bees", which was
wonderful.
> I'm
> looking forward to the movie.
>
> I have a school colleage that is going through a very rough time.
Her
> husband has terminal cancer.   She has never been the strongest person
> mentality.
> She had a nervous breakdown and admited herself for care for a short
while.
> I got a call asking if I could recommend any truly funny books.   The
kind
> that make your laugh just thinking of the story.   This are the kinds
of books
> she wants and needs.
>
> I immediately thought of the LM readers and what a great resource you
are
> all.   Can you recommend a humorous book?   Thank you so much!
>
> Pat Hoppe
> Lincoln MS
> Colorado springs, Co
> marbeth2@aol.com
>

> **************
> New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at
> your destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!

>   You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
>   by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
>  3) SET LM_NET MAIL  4) SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow for confirmation.
>  * LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
>  * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
>  * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://lm-net.info/
>  * LM_NET Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html
>  * LM_NET Wiki: http://lmnet.wikispaces.com/

Want to raise test scores?  School libraries help.  Make school
libraries a
priority.
Dona J. Hartwich
Senior Librarian and ICT Coordinator