Linda wrote:
> Can you, today, share with an administrator or teacher a bit of
> data or a
> positive collaborative experience with another teacher? Can you
> make a
> single page report for your principal that tells these stories
> and demonstrates how you are using student data to drive your
> collectiondevelopment plan?

Not trying to sound very negative here BUT how many of those administrators will
actually read those single page reports unless they directly correlate to test
scores?

How many of them care about what is really in your collection?

Also how do we convince the administrators that test scores are going up because of
our presence in the school when we've been there for the years when test scores
were down?

Obviously we have to do something different and let them know about it.

Personally I have had my best success convincing parents (PTO members, library
volunteers) that expanded library programs were the best for their kids lifelong
learning. These parents are voters and most superintendents are more concerned
about the voters than they are about the teachers.

Jo

Josephine Dervan, MLS -Online Instructor
School of Education, University of Wisconsin-Stout
dervan at optonline.net
dervanj@uwstout.edu

He who has a library and a garden, wants for nothing- Cicero