If you are looking for ideas for advocacy that work, then look at what the Ontario
School Library
Association have produced and achieved ...
http://www.accessola.com/osla/bins/index.asp and
http://www.etfo.ca/Resources/ForTeachers/Documents/ETFO%20Teacher%20Librarian%20Pamphlet.pdf
 and
http://www.osstf.on.ca/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=4094,545,541,442,365,Documents&MediaID=908&Fi
lename=13-Jan-2007.pdf13-Jan-2007.pdf

(Copy and paste these into your browser)

They even have a toolkit at http://www.accessola.com/osla/toolkit/intro.html

Also look at the work of The Hub http://hubinfo.wordpress.com , a small group of
your Australian
colleagues fighting to keep the teacher librarian's future in this country alive.
We have targeted
politicians in each state, particularly at election time and we are currently
working on a brochure
for parents.

One of our members spoke about advocacy at a conference the other day and there
were many who had
never given it a thought because they are comfortable and supported where they are.
   But
Australian teacher librarians are facing extinction because we must have full
teaching
qualifications as well as librarianship and, in the climate of teacher shortages,
we are being
returned to the regular classrooms and administration staff are being placed in the
library.

Clearly this is a global issue (always has been) so let's draw on the strength and
support (and ides
and information) of all our colleagues.
Barbara

Barbara Braxton