Hi,

 I need some help in creating a realtime computer lab schedule for my school.  My
principal has asked me to be responsible for maintaining the lab schedules for six
computer labs.  Our school enrollment is around 2000 and the buildings are very
spread out.  Also, two department head need to have editable access to the
schedule.  As a result, I would like to create a editable schedule that I can post
to the web.  I want everyone to view it, but only the four of us to be able to
edit it.  Googledocs seemed like the perfect solution.  I did a trial run with
a copy of the actual schedule (I had to use legal size paper to get 7 class
periods with 6 labs each) and it seemed to work fine.  But, when I added multiple
pages (36 pages--one per week), google docs told me the file was too large.  I've
tried cutting it down to two semester files and then to 6 six-week files.  They
are still to large to upload to googledocs.  I've tried Zoho.  Zoho did take the
upload, but the text, columns widths, etc.  are skewed and not easy to read.  I
played with creating a table on wikispaces, but the format doesn't really do what I
need it to do and it looks rough.

   Does anyone have another suggestion?  I want to be able to edit in real time
to avoid having to repost the schedule everytime some schedules a lab.

   I've considered google calendar, but that would mean a different calendar for
each lab.  We really need to be able to see everything at once.  Also, I need to
be able to show class periods by period numbers, not by times.   Please reply to
me off-list as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jan McGee, LMS

Library Coordinator, Ouachita Parish Schools

201 Riggs Street

West Monroe, LA  71291

jmcgee@opsb.net