 On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Patricia Maglione <pmaglione@hazlet.org>wrote:

> A teacher has requested books on manners that she can share with K-3
> grades.  She specifically requested books on sharing, taking turns, waiting
> for your turn, and speaking up for oneself, but she would take anything at
> all to do with manners.  I checked the archives and there is a hit from 97
> but was hoping for some newer titles as well.  I will post a hit.  Thanks in
> advance.

This year our Kinder storytimes during December are based on "manners and
behavior". We thought this would be useful on many levels, and I have posted
a bibliography in the Booklist portion of the LM_NET wiki.  The URL is
lmnet.wikispaces.com/ .

We are also using resources and ideas from these two sites:
Most of the resources on this site are "for purchase", but there is one free
lesson entitled  "Manners At School" at the bottom of the page "What We
Offer"
http://www.mannersmatterusa.com/

This link takes you to "Be a Manners Detective"  from the
civilityexperts.com
http://www.mannersgames.com/files/QuickSiteImages/GoodApple_Lesson1.pdf

Hope this helps!

--
Sharon M. Lawler, MA, MSLS
Randolph Elementary

Check out my books on:
Goodreads:     http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1239429
Library Thing:  http://www.librarything.com/catalog/smclawler (library)

 Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, and a dark side, and it
holds the universe together...” - Carl Zwanzig