Thanks to everyone for their quick responses!  I had several requests for a
hit, so here it is.

The general consensus seems to be to use g-mail to create a base account and
then add students as numbers using the Educator Code.  There are directions
on the site as to how to do this at
http://animoto.com/education/getting_started

My biggest problem is that I never received an actual Educator code.  Instead,
my account was extended where I am allowed to create longer videos.  I have
already contacted Animoto about this and hope to call them today for more
help.

Here’s my original question:

*I have my educator access now and can create extended videos.  My question
is do you allow students to sign in using your code to create longer
videos?  If so, can several people be logged in under the same name at once?
*
--
Sherry Gick
Teacher-Librarian

Yes.

If they are 13 they create their own account using your Educator code.  You
should have received a detailed email explaining how to do it.  If they are
not 13, I have them create an account with their parents using the educator
code.  Those accounts are good for 6 months.  If they can't do either of
those things, I have them gather all of their stuff first, music pics, words
and then log them into my account when they are ready to create their video.
 I think more than one person can be signed in but can't be "mixing" at the
same time.

Please don't sign them all in under the same name - it was a disaster!!!!
 We had students projects being saved under others names, others got "eaten"
by the program.

You can use google to create a "base" account.  Then have students sign up,
with your educator code as the
base+number@gmail.com<base%2Bnumber@gmail.com>For example we would use
bmsanimoto+1@gmail.com <bmsanimoto%2B1@gmail.com>,
bmsanimoto+2@gmail.com<bmsanimoto%2B2@gmail.com>,
etc.

Feel free to email with any questions, I'll do my best to answer! :-)  Happy
movie making!

Several people cannot be logged in under the same name at once.  If your
district allows it, I recommend using dummy gmail addresses to setup
accounts.  Animoto has a special system where you basically register one
gmail account (I did nscdsanimoto@gmail.com).  You may then register an
infinite number of accounts by adding a + sign and some numbers/words.  So I
created nscdsanimoto+1@gmail.com <nscdsanimoto%2B1@gmail.com>,
nscdsanimoto+2@gmail.com <nscdsanimoto%2B2@gmail.com> and so on.  Any emails
created by those accounts go to nscdsanimoto@gmail.com, which I, of course,
control.

-I am also in the process of trying to set up accounts for our students.  I
think you have to go to gmail.com and set up dummy accounts for the
students. I cannot do this from my school as that site is blocked and
haven't tried from home yet.  Will let you know if this works.

I just did this this morning with a group of MS students. I had an educator
acct. I created dummy emails for my students so they could login and use
Animoto with full access. I was ready to go when all of a sudden my
classroom code stopped working. I contacted Animoto and they told me my edu
acct. expired. I was completely blown away. I just got the acct. and they
said it would be active for 6 months. They said I would have to re apply for
an edu acct. and they would act on it in the order they received it. I was
freaking out. So, this AM I let all the students login to Animoto on my
account with full access (not sure why this stuck, but it did). We were all
in and they were all able to work. I have no clue what this will do to my
account and I hope they are all cool about the use but I couldn't wait and
needed to move forward. Frankly, I have been underwhelmed by Animoto
technical support. They are short and rude at times.

As per Animoto's onsite help section & instructions, I created separate
accounts for each student with a dummy e-mail address through G-mail, which
you'll need in addition to the classroom code.  This allows each student to
create a full length video and all may work on their videos simultaneously.

If you need more instructions, let me know--I've just done this with my
students a school..