With old equipment, you never know ...

Years ago when I was teaching 2nd graders we read a story that talked
about a "record player." After getting blank stares from my kids, I
broke our OLD, OLD, OLD (even back then) classroom record player and
fired it up.  The kids found it fascinating.

The best comment, though, was "Hey check it out. That thing spins!!!"

LOL

It turned a ho hum reading lesson into an EVENT!!!  :-)

dave

Dave Wee, Librarian
Harvard-Westlake Middle School
700 North Faring Road
Los Angeles, California 90077
Phone -- (310) 288-3270
E-mail -- dwee @ hw dot com

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where
people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of
employing wild animals as librarians."
~~ Monty Python ~~