All this talk about snowflakes prompted us to pull out the scissors and
paper and de-stress during finals. Our teens have loved getting the chance
to make snowflakes, particularly the 15 - 16 year old boys.  Check out our
photos! And thanks to the people who inspired this by starting the snowflake
conversation -

http://www.menloschool.org/news/detail.aspx?pageaction=ViewSinglePublic&LinkID=2271&ModuleID=128

Cathy
--
Cathy Rettberg, Head Librarian
Menlo School

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Mary Beth Roche <MRoche@edaff.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the great snowflake sites, which I plan on using.  When I had
> elementary, I did a Snowflake Bentley lesson plan which was such fun. After
> the story I had the students make snowflakes out from paper coffee filters.
>  It was very easy to do (just flatten and fold the filter). Each snowflake
> was once again unique, and we displayed them.
>
> Mary Beth Roche, MIS
>  Library Director
> Allied Medical & Technical Institute
> 517 Ash Street
> Scranton, PA 18509
> 570-558-1818 Ext. 1927
> Fax 570-342-4537
> MRoche@edaff.com
>
> The approach of Christmas brings harassment and dread to many excellent
> people. They have to buy a cart-load of presents, and they never know what
> to buy to hit the various tastes; they put in three weeks of hard and
> anxious work, and when Christmas morning comes they are so dissatisfied with
> the result, and so disappointed that they want to sit down and cry. Then
> they give thanks that Christmas comes but once a year.
> -Mark Twain

"This is the age of the open-source encyclopedia.  Words like 'research' and
'corroborated' now mean whatever the majority says they mean.  Personally,
I'm voting for 'research' to mean 'speculation' and 'corroborated' to mean
'a zesty sour-cream-based dip.'"

- Steven Colbert, I Am America (And So Can You!)