Greetings,

  I just finished reading OPERATION YES by Sara Lewis Holmes and she includes a
website at the end of the book if you're interested in supporting our troops or
having kids support our troops.  (Book has a great teacher in it- you want to meet
her, Miss Loupe)

  The website is fisherhouse.org.  I made my way around it and found myself
redirected to http://www.ourmilitary.mil/redirect.shtml which is a website
dedicated to supporting our military.  Two url's that looked promising were:
http://www.ourmilitary.mil/Message.aspx?SectionID=5 and
http://www.ourmilitary.mil/letters_messages.shtml.  It looks like you can have your
students send an email to a Marine, Soldier, Airman, etc.

  I know we were looking for a way to send a letter to a military member and found
out the American Red Cross had to run them through a security procedure.  So,
technology looks like it found another way to send support and greetings.

Hope that helps.

Holiday wonder to you all,
Barb Langridge
abookandahug.com