I was a presenter at this virtual conference and was very thrilled by the
ease of use of the gotowebinar interface - and its low cost. I have always
been wanting to be able to present more information via webinars - but the
high costs of systems like Elluminate were always a major barrier. With the
financial challenges we are all facing I think this approach is wonderful. I
am going to be figuring out ways to use this.

My Cyber Savvy Teens materials - which are in beta format - are on this site
- not yet on my own because they are still in beta format. This includes
teacher materials, as well as a student handout and parent handout. Very
soon I will have narrated slides presentations. You can copy them for
individual use - but soon they will be available at low cost for use in your
schools. I am going to make some changes to the teacher presentation - today
was my beta test - I always have too much to say ;-) and have to cut down.

Keith did put me on the spot. Gee Nancy, how come your materials and
presentation has such a different feel from other Internet safety providers?
Perhaps because I refuse to engage in fear-mongering - because I am a former
special education teacher of at risk youth and know that the research
solidly says that fear-based instruction is totally ineffective in reducing
risk behavior.

Thanks Keith! All best.

Nancy

--
Nancy Willard, M.S., J.D.
http://csriu.org

Cyberbullying and Cyberthreats: Responding to the Challenge of Online Social
Aggression, Threats, and Distress (Research Press)

Cyber-Safe Kids, Cyber-Savvy Teens: Helping Young People Learn to Use the
Internet Safely and Responsibly (Jossey-Bass)