I allow IPods and headphones during our SAP (Student activity period). One is all
Juniors/Seniors; one is Freshmen/Sophs. If I can hear the music, however, it must
be turned down or turned off.

The Art classes ((am also Chair of the Art Dept) does allow them to listen to music
- depending on the assignment.

Cell phones are not allowed at any time in the school - except before or after
school in the hall to call parents, etc. If discovered any other time- they are
confiscated and parents must come to school to get them. There is also a 10 dollar
penalty which is sent to the Missions.

As every student has a laptop, it is difficult at times to know what is exactly
going on. Are they watching a UTube movie for class? a slasher film, etc?  We do
have Vision software which allows every teacher to monitor every lap top in the
school - and we can shut them down - if deemed inappropriate.

Allan

Dr. Allan O'Grady Cuseo, MGC
Director of Library Services
Bishop Kearney High School | A Golisano Education Partner
125 Kings Highway South
Rochester, New York 14617
585.342.4000 x231
585.342.4694 (fax)