Ladies & Gentlemen:
I would like to compile ideas for incorporating reading programs into the
fabric of the middle school curriculum. I'm new to middle school and, while
I have great ideas, I'm finding that the roadblock is time/testing. Teachers
just don't feel like they have the time to get through the laundry list of
standards they have to cover.
What have you done to break through? Have you been able to make reading go
hand-in-hand with curricular subjects? What are some of the things you've
done to bring classes into the media center to use your resources?
I've always been able to come up with a wealth of ideas - now I need help
with some practical tips for infiltration! I will post a hit of responses.
TIA!

--
Susan Grigsby, Teacher-Librarian
President, GLMA