A week ago, I asked for help for my school's computer teacher, who is having to
find online resources to fill in the gaps created by losing all of the software
next year that she used on a regular basis.  I had several replies and a few
requests for a hit.  So, below is all the help I received from the marvelous people
on this list.  Thinkfinity was mentioned by three different people.  The last one I
cut and pasted below includes an email that was sent by a librarian to her staff
about free webtutorials for that site.  I hope it comes through.  Thank you again
to everyone who took the time to help.  I, and my colleague, appreaciate it.

I like the skills, activites, and recommended websites for K-1 in the CyberSmart
curriculum here: http://cybersmartcurriculum.org/.  Tell her good luck!

+++++++++++++++++++

We do a list of web sites each month, and then keep archives for each subject. A
few months ago we did sites for early childhood education - some of these might be
too young for her needs, but some would be great. We put brief descriptions to help
find what you're looking for. Here is the URL:
http://explore.ecb.org/surf/surf_report?subject=104

For problem solving, she could look at the Physics (for elementary) sites. I was
surprised to find that the Curious George site is very good for problem solving
(you'll see it in there). Also some story problem and mental math sites in the Math
Practice set, but that might not the kind of problem solving you need.
http://explore.ecb.org/surf/surf_report?subject=118
http://explore.ecb.org/surf/surf_report?subject=113

For projects with other schools (though I haven't updated this one since last year):
http://explore.ecb.org/surf/surf_report?subject=86

We also did one with a list of sites that are good for literacy centers, in which
there are some good sites for that age group.
http://explore.ecb.org/surf/surf_report?subject=103

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is my son's school's computer lab site. Not pretty but has lots of sites they
use.

http://mclean.usd259.org/bish/

+++++++++++++++++++

I would go to Thinkfinity.  It is a free educational resource from Verizon. She
should find all sorts of lesson plans and interactives that she can use in the
library.  I think it's a great resource and when I'm looking for something I
usually start there.
I also signed up for their newsletter and receive great information that I pass on
to the teachers.  It makes me look like I'm on top of things.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is my Crestview Kids Page. You are welcome to use it.
https://crestview.ltschools.org/kids.html

I do want to caution that we are in the process of changing our website so starting
June 22 the new address will be
http://crestview.ltschools.org/academics/classroom-connections.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,
Someone else mentioned Thinkfinity, and I can't agree more!  Please see below an
email I sent to my faculty about free webinars this June to show features of
Thinkfinity.  Great website, and FREE!!  Lesson plans, activities, and they are
aligned to national (and many states') standards.  High quality stuff!

Also, try my district's library catalog at http://www.destiny.rcsdk12.org, then
select any of the schools (mine is 05 John Williams) for that school's front page,
usually filled with links to lots of sites.  Everyone's focus is different, but
it's great to see what other people have found that you can use!

Free one-hour webinars on Thinkfinity throughout the month of June! See below!

FREE Training

 Transition into Summer

with Verizon’s Thinkfinity.org

Verizon Thinkfinity is gearing up to train

1000 Teachers in 1000 Minutes during June

… and we’d like to count you in!

Verizon Thinkfinity is offering FREE one-hour Educator Webinars every Monday
through Friday from June 1 through June 26, plus 2 Saturday sessions on June 6 and
June 20.  These hands-on, interactive sessions will introduce the thousands of
no-cost resources available for 21st century teaching and learning at
www.thinkfinity.org.

Sign Up Now

Go to www.thinkfinity.org and click on the FREE TRAINING link from any page.
Scroll down to Educator Webinars and click on the Register link to view the
schedule and sign up for a session.

Get Credit

Participants can download a certificate of completion for one hour of professional
development after they fill out a brief end-of-session survey.  They also can
download the new Thinkfinity "21st Century Kid" poster when they sign in and set up
their Thinkfinity accounts – all at no charge.

Tell a Friend

Training is more fun with a friend at your side!  Tell your friends and colleagues
to sign up for a June Educator Webinar and learn about Verizon’s Thinkfinity.org
together!

Already know about Verizon Thinkfinity?  Help spread the word by forwarding this
message to others who can benefit from an introduction to the tens of thousands of
FREE online educational resources available at www.thinkfinity.org.

About Verizon Thinkfinity Professional Development

Verizon Thinkfinity professional development is aligned to the NETS-T
(the International Society for Technology in Education’s National Educational
Technology Standards for Teachers).

Verizon Thinkfinity is a Professional Development Affiliate of the Partnership for
21st Century Skills.

THINKFINITY CONTENT PARTNERS

 Thinkfinity.org | One Verizon Way | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
 Unsubscribe

Kaline Goodrich, LMS
HES & HMS
Hermon, ME
kaline369@yahoo.com

"The greatest gift is the passion for reading.  It is cheap, it distracts, it
excites, it gives you a knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind.  It
is a moral illumination."  (Elizabeth Hardwick)