I have borrowed the Elmo from our Fifth grade team to do this very thing. The kids
love it and I really enjoy having the ability to show the smallest details in the
illustrations to children as I am reading. My first foray was to do cause and
effect lessons with Ferdinand by Munro Leaf. I have used it numerous times since
(Day Jimmy's Boa Ate the Wash, Meanwhile Back at the Ranch, etc.) and plan to ask
for one for the library at the outset of next year's budget. It enables every child
to see up close and personal and really helps with lessons. However, I still like
to get down with the kids and read a book on a more personal level, reading just
for enjoyment of a story with no lesson involved.

Christine Rayl, Librarian
Bowie Elementary School
Grand Prairie ISD, TX

Reading is not a duty, and has consequently no business to be made disagreeable.

Augustine Birrell