From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Amy Ipp
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:42 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [LM_NET] GEN: drinks in the library

I have the freedom to allow drinks in my library but I do not, even
water.
It seems as if everyone is walking around with a drink in their hands at
all
times and IMHO this does not belong in a library environment. It will
also lead
 to a loosening up of standards with regards to different foods (I fight
the
candy and gum war all the time with all the dropped wrappings) and is
not
only  bad for the carpets and furniture but a disaster for computers. In
addition
to  not allowing drinks I also do not allow students to put their feet
up on
our new  upholstered seats. A school environment, especially a library
environment,  should have some formality that leads to better behavior
overall and
respect  for school property.

Amy Ipp
Millburn Middle School
Millburn NJ
LU83@aol.com
**************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
easy
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220863691x1201421954/aol?redir
=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%2
6hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)

To change your LM_NET status, you send a message to:
listserv@listserv.syr.edu

 * LM_NET Supporters:
http://lmnet.wordpress.com/category/links/el-announce/