I'm looking for sage advice and dire warnings from those of you
responsible for laptop carts. Our district just approved the purchase of
4 carts with 15 computers each, all to be housed here in the media
center. These will replace desktop computer labs that will be needed
next year for classrooms and will travel outside the media center to
instructional areas.

Rather than list my concerns, which may be unfounded, I'd like to hear
what you've experienced, please, and let me know what kind of check out
procedures you use. Do you ask that each laptop be checked out to each
student, or just send the carts out to teachers requesting them? Do you
ask that carts come back at the end of each hour, or allow them to stay
in a classroom all day, or all week?

I appreciate any and all suggestions you have,

Susan Solo
Library Media Center
Grass Lake High School
Grass Lake, MI 49240
solo@grasslakeschools.com

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the
set, I go into the other room and read a book.”

- Groucho Marx