I asked what people are doing for magazine covers for check out.?Thanks to all that
wrote me.
?Here are their responses:

I do very large Ziplock bags.? Cheap and easy!? Kids only zip up about half the
time.

I put them all in the $3.00 plastic covers and just keep them in them

until it is time to retire them.? I found a system here on LM-NET a few

years to catalog them and I put the barcodes on cards and scan from

there.? I would be glad to explain this system by phone.? If a student

loses a magazine I just charge them $3.00 for the cover.?

?

have a supply of the reinforced plastic envelopes car repair techs use to keep
their repair tickets in. They are inexpensive and the kids can't miss them in their
lockers.

?

use Tyvek mailers.? They've been pretty hardy!

?I laminate them with clear contact paper and barcode them

?

I'm in an elementary setting and what's working for me is simply to use

gallon-sized plastic bags.? The magazines are protected but you can see what

they are (unlike with an opaque envelope) and I can even scan the barcode

through the bag for checkout.

?

For my high check-out magazines like J-14 or Twist that have no spines I carefully
tear the covers from the magazine, laminate the covers then staple them back on.?
It works well so far..

Pat Hoppee
Lincoln MS
marbeth2@aol.com