I just talked to an Amazon Kindle acct rep who confirmed that anyone using
the Kindle could order additional content with the credit card used to
purchase the Kindle. She said that the Kindle was designed to be a
"Personal" reader, and there was no way to avoid this situation. I tried to
explain to her the many benefits of having such a tool available for
students, but she kept repeating that the Kindle was a personal reader. She
said that she would pass my concerns along to the technical dept, but she
didn't know of any plans to change the policy or produce another Kindle.
Just thought others might be interested.

Janet Boltjes
Gilbert High School
Gilbert, SC  29054
janetpbj at gmail dot com