From:         Josephine Dervan <dervan@OPTONLINE.NET>

Date:         Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:47:57
To: <LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Subject: OT; Handling log in names

After reading Deb Waugh's message about Gmail, I decided to go into the account I
created but never used. I discovered that I did not have my password listed in my
ever expanding book of log ins and passwords. I am finding more and more sites
requiring more and more passwords. Some sites (like universities I teach for)
require a regular change of password. I have tried to use the same information for
every site but that is also impossible as some require information (like numbers
and capitals) that other sites forbid.My browser, Firefox, will save many passwords
but not all of them. Some of the financial sites will not allow log ins to be
saved.Has anyone found an efficient way of keeping track of passwords and log in
names? Does anyone have a better way to store passwords and log ins than a
notebook?TIA,Jo Josephine Dervan, MLS -Adjunct InstructorSchool of Communication,
Information and Library StudiesRutgers Universitydervan at optonline.netHe who has
a library and a garden, wants for nothing- Cicero