Hello,

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to share their
favorite tittles.  My list is now impressively long!
Here is my original post;
For Grade 2 and 3, I have been using wordless books such as David
Wiesner's wonderful "Flotsam" and "Free Fall" to teach students how
to infer.
Several students have asked me if they could borrow other wordless
books.  I would really appreciate if you could share some favorite
titles so that I can add them to my too small collection.

Chantal

Chantal Bennett
Teacher-Librarian
Jules Quesnel Elementary
Vancouver, BC, Canada
bennett2144@shaw.ca

Wordless books  (the * indicates a title mentioned more than once)
·      Anno, Mitsumasa. Topsy-Turvies. Walker/Weatherhill, [1970].

·      Anno, Mitsumasa. Anno's counting house. New York: Philomel,
[1982].

·      *Anno, Mitsumasa.  Anno’s Journey.

·      Baker, Jeannie.  Home.  2007

         Baker, Jeannie.  Window.

·      *Bang, Molly.  The Grey Lady and the Strawberry Snatcher.

·      *Banyai, Istvan. Zoom. New York: Viking, [1995].

·      *Banyai, Istvan. Re-zoom. New York: Viking, [1995].

·      *Blake, Quentin. Clown. New York: Henry Holt, [1996].

·      *Briggs, Raymond. The snowman. Random, [1978].

·      Brown, Anthony. “Into the Woods” and “Changes” (some words)

·      *Carle, Eric. Do you want to be my friend? Crowell, [1971].

·      *Carle, Eric. I see a song. Crowell, [1973].

·      Chwast, Seymour. The alphabet parade. New York: Harcourt, [1991].

·      Collington, Peter. The tooth fairy. New York: Knopf, [1995].

·      Collington, Peter. The midnight circus. New York: Alfred A.
Knopf, [1992].

·      Collington, Peter. A small miracle. New York: Knopf, [1997].

·      Crew, Donald.  Truck.

·      *Day, Alexandra. Carl's afternoon in the park. Farrar, [1991].

·      *Day, Alexandra. Good dog, Carl. 1st Aladdin Paperbacks ed.
New York: AladdinPaperbacks, [1997, 1985].

·      *Day, Alexandra. Carl goes to daycare. New York: Farrar, [1993].

·      *Day, Alexandra. Carl's birthday. New York: Farrar, [1995].

·      *De Paola, Tomie. Pancakes for breakfast. Harcourt, [1978].

·      *De Paola, Tomie. The hunter and the animals. Holiday, [1981].

·      Faller, Régis. Polo : the runaway book. 1st American ed. New
Milford, Conn: Roaring Brook Press, [2007].

·      Faller, Regis. The Adventures of Polo.

·      *Fleischman, Paul and Hawkes, Kevin. Sidewalk circus.

·      Galbraith, Kathryn O. Look! Snow! McElderry, [1992].

·      Geisert, Arthur.  Lights Out.  2005

·      Geisert, Arthur.  Oops

·      Gill, Madelaine. The spring hat. Englewood Cliffs, N.J:
Silver, [1992]. Goodall, John.  Paddy Pork books.

·      Henstra, Friso.  Mighty Mizzling Mouse (cool  Yellow Submarine-
ish drawings)

·      Henterly, Jamichael.   Goodnight, Garden Gnome

·      *Hutchins, Pat.  Rosie's Walk.

·      Hutchins, Pat.  What Game Shall we Play?

·      Jonas, Ann. “Road Trip”

·      Kellogg.  Missing mitten mystery (pay attention to what is
happening and what is in the characters imagination)

·      *Lehman, Barbara.  The Red Book.  2004

·      Lehman,  Barbara.  Museum Trip

·      Ludy,  Mark.  The Flower Man (my favorite)

·      O'Malley, Kevin. The box. New York: Stewart, [1993].

·      Rathmann, Peggy. 10 minutes till bedtime. New York: Putnam,
[1998].

·      *Mayer, Mercer. A boy, a dog and a frog. (favorite)

·      Mayer, Mercer.  Frog Goes to Dinner

·      *McCauley, David. “Black and White” (some words)

·      McCully, Emily Arnold.  PICNIC

·      McDully.  Four Hungry Kittens

·      McGhee, Alison.  Mrs. Watson wants your teeth. (lots of things
going on in the background and watch for "thought bubbles"

·      McNaughton, Colin.  Suddenly.

·      *Newgarden Mark.  Bow-Wow bugs a Bug.  2007

·      Rathmann, Peggy.  Good Night Gorilla.

·      Rockhill, Dennis.   Ocean Whisper by (has a poem at the
beginning, then the book is wordless)

·      *Rohman, Eric.  Time Flies.

·      Rosenthal Mark.  Phooey.

·      Schotter, Roni.  Nothing ever happens on 90th Street

·      Seuss, Dr.,And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street

·      *Sis, Peter. Beach ball. New York: Greenwillow, [1990].

·      Sis, Peter.  Dinosaur.

·      Spier, Peter. Noah's ark. Doubleday, [1977].

·      Spier, Peter.  Rain.

·      Van Omen, Sylvia.  The Surprise.

·      *Varon, Sara.  Robot Dream.  2007

·      *Varon, Sara.  Chicken and Cat Clean Up

·      *Weitzman, Jacqueline Preiss and Glasser, Robin Preiss. You
can't take a balloon into the National Gallery. New York: Dial Books
for Young Readers, [2000].

·      Wiesner, David. Sector 7. New York: Clarion Books, [1999].

·      *Wiesner, David. Flotsam. New York: Clarion Books, [2006].

·      *Wiesner, David.  Free Fall.

·      Wiesner, David. June 29, 1999

·      *Wiesner, David.  Tuesday.

·      *Wiesner, David.  The three Pigs.

·      Young, Ed. Up a Tree.