were so popular, but are no longer popular?

Answers:
same here
u could swap them at swaptree.com

I weed and give them to classrooms if they are still in useable condition.

I put my worst copy on the shelf and store the others and as the one
falls completely apart I put another copy out. We had about 4 copies of
each of the Little House books and it worked well for me. I have found,
in my library at least, that books seem to come back into hard reading
every so many years when a new set of kids find them.

I have weeded out all but the best, stamped them discarded and given
them to teacher to use in classroom libraries. They are thrilled!

Have a contest, or something on your campus and give a set to kids that
otherwise couldn't afford them.

I am a small school librarian in Montana (K-6 school with 47 students).
If you have a shelf full of Harry Potter books that are not circulating
I would love to receive them if you are considering removing the extras
from your collection. I have one set of very well worn and much repaired
Harry Potter books and could use one or two more sets. Would you
consider sharing your extras if you decide to remove them from your
collection?

We do literature circles, so 1) if I still have a job after this year's
budget cuts (looking really grim) and 2) in a few years when they will
be "brand new again" I will push them for lit. circles.  Some of my
copies are  really worn and I won't be replacing them.

We had the same issue - 5 copies of each Harry Potter book, and multiple
Twilights. To compound the problem, our still relatively new library (9
years old) was not built with much room for expansion and we were
rapidly running out of shelf space. So we made a decision to keep only 2
copies of each book, discarded the rest and gave them to classroom
teachers for their classroom "libraries". We ran into a bit of an issue
with the Twilight books in the fall when the movie came out and they had
a resurgence of popularity, but we just made a waiting list and lived
with it. I'm not sure that what we did would be the best solution for
every library, but it seemed like the best option for us.

--
David Lininger, kb0zke
MS/HS Librarian