Texas librarians, I apologize for the cross-posting:

Hello Everyone!  I hope y’all had a restful weekend and a blessed Mother’s
Day.  I survived our prom and spent yesterday day relaxing with my kids and
having a fantastic dinner prepared by my hubby—but now it’s back to work!

On Friday, I spent the majority of my day pulling my hair out over finding a
place where people could post/share their trailers.  I created a Ning, which
Christine Acosta agreed to help admin with me. (It looked GREAT btw, and we
were excited about it) Naomi was also going to admin—until she tried to go
to the site and it was blocked.  Soooooo…the idea of Teacher Tube was tossed
out there—and we all went “WOW—TEACHER TUBE..yeah!”  So a group was created
there.  Unfortunately, TT is not very user-friendly, and there’s not a
tremendous about of support available for it.  Scads of people joined the
group, but for some reason, no one can figure out how to get them added to
the group—the admin inbox is full (56 messages!)  but we can’t figure out
how to see what’s IN it!    Also, for some other unknown reason, a LOT of
people (myself included) aren’t able to view the videos that are posted
there.  I still think Teacher Tube will eventually be our best bet, because
it’s not blocked by the majority of districts—but until we get the kinks
figured out, it doesn’t appear that it’s going to work.

Naomi suggested a website, using Wix—which is a great idea—I have heard from
quite a few people saying Wix is blocked by their filters, the same way
blogs, wikis and nings are.

For now, I am going to keep the Ning up and running.  I am also going to
keep the Teacher Tube group where it is, and this summer I will try to
figure it out.  For now, though—I’m hanging up my hat as far as spending too
much more time on this particular endeavor.  If you are interested in
joining the Ning or the Teacher Tube group, their information is listed
below.  (Please don't email me with problems about Teacher Tube--believe me
when I say, I KNOW there are issues!  Hopefully this summer I'll have time
to figure them out)

If you can get into the Ning, YAY!  Feel free to upload your trailers there
or start a discussion on the board! I do think that for now, it’s the
easiest way to go.  I have made it an open group where anyone can upload
their videos or start discussions.  So, for those of you who CAN access the
ning at work—go check it out!

Ning:  http://booktrailersrus.ning.com

Teacher Tube Group:
http://teachertube.com/members/groupHome.php?group_id=booktrailersforall