We use JLG in all four of our libraries, and it continues to be a smart thing to
do.  I was checking the collections against the list of recommended books by the
National Science Teachers Association, and, sure enough, nearly every time one of
our libraries had a recommended book on the list, the catalog record said "Junior
Library Guild selection."  I know that the chances we would have found those titles
on our own and added them our collection would have been slim to none.  JLG finds
the best and gets them to us before we have the opportunity to search through the
library journals, select the titles, order the titles, process the titles, and
shelve the titles.  With JLG they are there MONTHS earlier and out to the kids.
However, don't figure on saving any money with JLG.  Their prices are reasonable,
but the value in using the service is not in economy.  The value is in their
amazing ability to choose the best books, get them to you
 before you know you need or want them.  Then you can get them on the shelf pronto
with their excellent processing.
 Donna Steel Cook
Central ISD Library Director
Central High School Librarian
7622 HYW 69 North
Pollok, TX 75969
donnasteelcook@yahoo.com

"Books are the holes in the fences of life." --Peg Kehert