I send the same type of thing home to my parents.  It outlines the check-out
limits for each grade, how long students can check out books, and what will
happen if a book is returned late, damaged, or lost.  Our parents have the
option of either paying for a lost/damaged book or replacing the book with
the same book in the same format.  I've had a couple of parents that have
chosen to replace the book, but most find it easier to just send me a
check.  These forms have come in handy when I've had parents complain about
fines/fees.  I'm able to pull it out, make a copy and send it home to them.
Usually, I end up getting the fine the next day.

-Shelly

Shelly Kraal, Librarian
Universal Academy of Coppell, Texas
ualibrarian@gmail.com