Hoping to tap into your collective consciousness on this one.  Our school
wants to purchase some sort of textbook inventory software to track textbook
checkouts.   We currently run Follet's Destiny in the library and have
considered Textbook Manager, but it's prohibitively expensive (the quote we
got was $10,000.)  I found the Textbook Tracker program (Evelyn Corp.) and
it looks user-friendly and it considerably cheaper ($500 to $1000 initial
software license, depending on number of users.)

I've also run across TIP (Hayes Software), TBInv, Agee, and others...it's
all very confusing, trying to compare the features and I am loathe to call
many salesmen, as I detest never-ending sales pitches.

What textbook inventory software, if any, does your school use?  Do you find
it meets your needs well and is easy to use?  Do you have teaching staff use
this?   If you know the cost, please share that, too.

Alternatively, if you have set up your textbook inventory system in Excel or
Access, I'm interested in knowing how well (or not) this is working for you.

Thanks for your input!
Liz
Elizabeth Fox, Technology Instructor
Newport High School, Newport, OR