We had a senior prank a couple of years back that was very demoralizing.
While hearing it discussed by sophomores in the library, I was able to plant
the seed that pranks don't need to be destructive.  If they wanted to leave
their mark, why not do something that makes people feel good?  That group
began brainstorming ideas like getting into all the classrooms and leaving
flowers on the teachers desks, etc.  In the end, this class hasn't done any
sort of prank (yet), but I like to think my words made some sort of
difference based on the direction that conversation went.  It's too late to
right this wrong, but maybe a seed could be planted for future classes....

Cindy Rogers, MLS

Librarian

IDEA Academy

IDEA College Preparatory

401 South 1st Street

Donna, TX  78537

O (956) 377-8083

F (956) 464-8532

crogers@ideapublicschools.org

http://www.ideapublicschools.org

IDEA Public Schools are dedicated to providing students with the academic,
social, and leadership skills needed to apply, matriculate, and succeed in a
four-year college or university.

"In the nonstop tsunami of global information, librarians provide us with
floaties and teach us how to swim." -- Linton Weeks, Washington Post