Hello

In addition to my responsibilities as a school librarian, I am also caregiver to
several elderly relatives.  After spending yet more hours in the ER and hospital
with a relative last night until early afternoon I've decided to buy myself an e
reader so I can have several books with me for the duration of these waits.

My question is this:
If I went the nook route, would I be able to download books only from Barnes and
Noble or could I download from Amazon?  Same for Kindle--do I only download from
Amazon?

Since I spend a lot of time in dim or dark hospital rooms, is there one with a
light that's better than others?

How about battery charge or replacement?

I've read about them all but haven't found exactly what I think I need to know.

If you can shed light on this subject, please email me off list.  That way I will
get your reponse on my Blackberry when I go back to the hospital this evening.

Jan Cole
LMS
HOrace Mann Elem
Duncan, OK'