As a fairly new member to this list, I am completely wowed by the sheer
number (and speed) of responses. The English teacher specifically wanted
resources regarding witchcraft *before *the Salem Witch Trials, but all of
the resources are great. Thank you all so much!
Here is what I got:

--------------------------------
Don't know about witchcraft and the Puritans, but here's a pathfinder I put
together for classes studying McCarthyism:
http://www.hock.k12.wa.us/webpages/hhslibrary/index.cfm?subpage=309917

--------------------------------
PBS has a lesson plan on it’s site that ties all of that together.  It can
be found at:
http://www.pbs.org/teachers/connect/resources/1252/preview/

--------------------------------
 We've taught a similar unit here for years.  Some tips:  Be sure you are
allowed to give the kids some guidance before hand.  Particulary warn them
not to just google "Witchcraft," which will bring up all sorts of unsuitable
things.  Rather ask them to do search strings, ie, witchcraft 17th Century,
or Salem witchcraft, or witchcraft superstitions 17th Century Europe.
etc.If you have the Joy Hakkim set, The History of US, there is a nice
section on the Trials and beliefs about withchcraft. as well as Puritans.
Here is an excellent website for ergot:
www.erowid.org/psycoactives/psychoactives.shtml.  You might see what you
have in the 590's on fungi.  I used to have several good ones, but they have
walked.  You say you don't have much on witchcraft, but if you search all
your US History books, looking up Salem witchcraft, I'm sure you will find
more.  Some books are better than others, but it's a chapter that can't be
totally overlooked.  The same is true of any databases you may have.  World
books is also a good source. You might also check to see if you have any
"Famous Trials" titles which often have a page or two. OUr kids also
research Arthur Miller and Joseph McCarthy as well as "McCarthyisms"as part
of this unit.  Because we have been doing it for so long, I have ordered 5
or 6 books on Salem Trials to help support it.It's actually a fun unit, and
a great partnership experience.  If I can help further, let me know.

-----------------------------------

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/salem.htm
This site talks about the Salem Witch Trails.

-----------------------------------
Here's a link to my web page that includes web sites on the Salem Witch
Trials which are used for background research for The Crucible by my English
staff.
http://glacierpeak.sno.wednet.edu/LMC/Dept/English.html

--------------------------------------

I hope that your resources on Puritans are recent works of research.
Current experts in the field (such as J.I. Packer) have found much evidence
that defy the stereotypes.

Here are some of the links we used.  We did use alot of info off of our Gale
databses provided by our State. (MEL:Michigan Electric Library)

Cyberguides   (http://www.sdcoe.k12.ca.us/score/cyberguide.html, 07-14-2007)
 Literary Criticism   (http://www.ipl.org/div/litcrit/guide.html,
02-12-2009)
 Biographical Dictionary   (http://www.s9.com/, 07-09-2007)
Biography.com (http://www.biography.com/, 07-09-2007)
 Encarta Encyclopedia   (http://encarta.msn.com/, 07-09-2007)
 Information Please   (http://www.infoplease.com/index.html, 07-09-2007)
Internet Public Library (http://www.ipl.org/, 11-16-2004)
 RefDesk.Com   (http://refdesk.com/, 07-09-2007)
Reference.com (http://reference.com/, 07-09-2007)

National Geographic. I don't know the exact webaddress, but search "Virtual
Witchhunt" and it should come up. I have used it for six years and it always
gets favorable responses from my students.
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/salem.htm (American
Rhetoric)

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/salem/

Both of these sites  our junior English teachers use when doing The
Crucible. If you have access to the database Issues and Controversies in
American History, it has excellent articles.

Salem Possessed, by Paul Boyer and Stephen Nissenbaum.
    The most thorough and clear account I've seen of the much-written-about
topic of the Salem witch hunt and trials.
Relies in large part on property records and wills to provide a clear
picture of the economic and political tensions in Salem at that time.
The Devil in the Shape of a Woman, by Carol Karlsen.
     Makes a convincing case for why women were targeted so overwhelmingly.
A Conspiracy so Immense, by David Oshinsky.
     The best account I've read of the McCarthy Era.