I am the librarian in a school of about 500 first, second and third graders.
I have been "challenged" to incorporate STUDY SKILLS in my library lessons.
This challenge was included in my professional improvement plan back in April and
I've been thinking about it ever since. So far this is what I've come up with.

My idea is to have a Theme for the Week for about 6 weeks in January - February. I
want to make a big deal about the theme. I plan on having the theme announced each
morning and print out reminders for the students to take home.
I also will have level appropriate activities  for each grade level that we will do
during our library time.

Themes like
ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
DO YOUR HOMEWORK
CHECK YOUR WORK (Proofread)
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE (repition makes it stick in your head)

I would love to hear your ideas of important study skills a the primary level.

Karen DeFrank
Bullock School
Glassboro NJ 08028
kdefrank@glassboroschools.us