Dear Patricia,

It may not be possible to search all of the San Francisco Unified School
District's library catalogs at once.  However, here is the url of a page
with links to all of their school library catalogs :

http://follett.sfusd.edu/

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Michael Bell
Former Chair, Texas Association of School Librarians
drmichaelbell@hotmail.com
Retired school and university librarian
webmaster at http://www.virtuallrc.com
webmaster at http://www.virtuallrc.com/magbot
webmaster at http://www..virtuallrc.com/alphamarks
webmaster at http://www.academicindex.net

> Hi group,
>
> In NYC, many of us have Follett Destiny and we can search everyone's
> holdings (except for schools that don't have Destiny) in our catalogs to
> see who else owns what. Our web address is library.nycenet.edu.
>
> I am curious, I am doing a research study and need to search the school
> library catalogs of major cities, in particular San Francisco. Can anybody
> direct me to their city school systems' unified catalogs? I don't want to
> search individual school catalogs, but rather a whole city's school
> catalogs at once.
>
> THANKS!!
>
> Patricia
>
> ______________________________
> Patricia Sarles, MA, MLS
> Jerome Parker Campus Library
> 100 Essex Drive
> Staten Island, NY 10314
> voice: 718 370-6950 x1321
> fax: 718 370-6960
> psarles@schools.nyc.gov
>
> "Ten guards and the warden couldn't have torn me out of those books.
> Months passed without even thinking about being imprisoned....I had never
> been so truly free in my life." - Malcolm X
>
> "Some kids go to the library ... Others to the street. But they can't go
> to the libraries if the libraries are closed." - Officer Dombranski, NYPD
>
> "Kids are living stories every day that we wouldn't let them read." -Josh
> Westbrook
>
> "The best morals kids get from any book is just the capacity to empathize
> with other people, to care about the characters and their feelings. So you
> don't have to write a preachy book to do that. You just have to make it a
> fun book with characters they care about, and they will become better
> people as a result." - Louis Sachar
>
> "Our schools are filled with kids who have been treated badly all their
> lives. They don't tell anyone, because there is shame in being treated
> badly. Many-girls and boys-have been sexually mistreated. Still others
> struggle in fear with sexual identity. They respond with eating disorders,
> cutting, suicidal thought or action. I can't tell you how many letters
> I've received from kids who found a friend in one of my books, a character
> who speaks to them. And if I get those letters, think of the letters
> Walter Dean Myers, or Lois Lowry, or Judy Blume get, thanking us for
> letting them know, through literature, that they are not alone. In light
> of all that, there's really only one thing to say to the censors. Shut
> up."-Chris Crutcher

>   You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
>   by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
> To change your LM_NET status, you send a message to:
> [...]

Dr. Michael Bell
Former Chair, Texas Association of School Librarians
drmichaelbell@virtuallrc.com
webmaster at http://magbot.virtuallrc.com
webmaster at http://alphamarks.virtuallrc.com
webmaster at http://www.academicindex.net