We also always allow students borrow from the displays.  I am happy when students
notice the display and want to borrow a book from it.  Sometimes, a student will
ask me if there is another copy of a book on display that she may borrow, and I
always tell the kids, individually and during classes, that the displayed books are
there for the borrowing.

I either choose another book from the shelves or rearrange the books to fill in the
gap.

I print out copies of book covers and put them on my bulletin boards (both outside
and inside the libraries) to generate interest in books on the current theme.

"Librarians...have been my lifelong guides, friends and heroes..."--Joseph Bruchac

Basya Karp, Librarian

Shulamith High School and Shulamith School For Girls

Brooklyn, New York

basyak10@hotmail.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/