Dear Great and Wise Ones:

Those of you who have been on LM_NET for several years will remember the
conflict I had with the school over sick days when I went through chemo and
radiation treatments for breast cancer.

Some of the faculty are discussing our current irritations with our
sick/personal leave policy.
I am seeking input from other schools on their policy. If you have the time
and are so inclined please answer these questions and e-mail your answers to
me directly.

1. How many sick days do you get per school year?

2. How many personal days do you get?

3. How many days do you get for the funeral of an immediate family member?

4. How many hours constitutes 1/2 day of leave?

5. Does your school hire a substitute for your librarian?

6. Do teachers cover for the librarian when he/she is absent?
    Does the librarian have to make up classes later in the week if he/she
is absent?

7. If you cover for a teacher during your plan period, are you given credit
toward your sick leave?

8. Does your school calendar include any half days for teachers that could
be used to schedule doctor appointments?

9. If your students leave at noon on the last day of the quarter, do your
teachers have to stay to finish grades?
     If so, do the teachers have to stay until the end of the day (3 pm) or
can they leave as soon as their grades are completed?

10. Are your teachers docked for leaving on their plan period? i.e. leaving
early, coming in late

11. Have any of you ever left early (one hour) once a week, or several days
in a row for psychological or cancer treatment?
    If so, were those hours counted against you? i.e. were those hours added
together to make another day you were docked
 Are there any other concerns that you have had with your sick leave policy
that you would care to share?

Thank you so much.
I love LM_NET!

Currently reading Catching Fire and Three Cups of Tea
--
Kay Goss
Mansfield Secondary Library