Hey folks -
I wanted to make sure that everyone on the list knew about Iguana magazine, a
Spanish language magazine for children. I just got the most recent issue and they
sent it with a letter saying that this fall they came very close to ceasing
publication. This would be terrible! It's really the only elementary-appropriate
Spanish language periodical I've found. If your school has a large number of
Spanish-speaking/ELL children it's a wonderful resource. If you have a dual
language program you MUST have it, and if you have Spanish classes in your school
it's a necessary compliment to the curriculum.
Here is their website: http://www.nicagal.com/iguana/eng/
I have no connection to them except that I value their service.
Adrienne

Adrienne Ehlert Bashista
Media Coordinator
Virginia Cross Elementary School
234 Cross School Rd.
Siler City, NC 27344
agbashista@chatham.k12.nc.us

****This Message was sent through the Chatham County Schools E-Mail Server****

All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and
disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.