Hello, Friends,

YA is really not my forte. Can you help me suggest some books for the girl
described below?

"One thing she is REALLY into is the Twilight books.  She is now 18 and in
her last year of high school (a vocational program) and is terrified of
beginning the next chapter in "the real world".  She struggles socially a
great deal, is developmentally more like a 14/15 year old and has a severe
aversion to discussing sexuality/ sex/ romantic relationships etc. (due to
the intimacy fear) and doesn't have any positive same sex peer
relationships.  I think she could benefit from a book or book series about
young adult life, but am struggling to find one.  She is obsessed with the
twilight series and other fantasy type series, so I was wondering if there
is a series that focuses on post-high school life (in a healthy way) that
demonstrates relationship issues and positive peer relationships, sexuality
issues, and just adult life etc (and
that isn't "cheesy" or lame)."

I'd be thankful for any help you might give.

Ada G. Kent, Librarian

Ohio School for the Deaf

500 Morse Road

Columbus, OH 43214