I waited to send this hoping to get more responses, since I received only 3
and one other requesting a HIT.
    Library support staff site may have been useful at one time. However, I
found the site's information had not been updated in several years.

 Here is a web site that has a wealth of information; however, this could
be a start.
http://librarysupportstaff.com/
I am sure there are more web sites that are not as complex.  Also, you
should be able to use Google to do some research for different topics.
There are also web sites that are used by the university professors who
teach Library Media Technology in their classes.

Back in November, 2007, someone on the ListServ posted the following
website for support staff in the Library.  The site is still up and
running (I just checked) and you may find some useful information for
your Library Aide.  The website includes sections such as "On the Job
Help" and "Education4You Sites".  Might be worth a visit.
www.librarysupportstaff.com

http://users.ece.utexas.edu/~valmstrum/s2s/utopia/library4/src/library4.htmlis
a great tool for Dewey and shelving.

Lisa Hicks