Thanks to all who responded you are fabulous:))
My original post was:
I'm looking for excel lessons for my fifth and sixth grade students. They are not
familiar with excel and have probably never used it. If anyone has anything like
this could you please share.

Thanks-
Mary Stalder
Greater Plains Librarian

Several years ago when I was doing my student teaching, I did a spreadsheet unit
with fifth graders during a winter Olympics.  Each student chose an athlete to
follow and record how many medals that athlete won in each event they competed.  We
also did a class project to track how many medals each country received.  I
remember some of the students really enjoyed following their athletes and this unit
also had connections to what the students were learning in the classroom.

See if you can get a copy of the book "Microsoft Excel for Terrified Teachers" by
Rader and Wiburg. My copy is from 200 so there  updated one but I used a lot when I
was teaching lower grades.

Mary I do an Excel lesson that involves using the Almanac with my 6th graders (5th
could also do it).  We create a sheet and take a look at the different states.
They need to include 25 states in their sheet.  Our headings include State name,
population, gross state product, ranking for population, chief industry, and area.
Students print off two copies, one of their original input and one where they sort.
 Gives them experience using and Almanac and with Excel.  We also use Excel in 7th
grade when we do our stock market unit.

Cindy

I teach Excel to my 6th graders before their teacher gets into it which
gets them ready for 7th grade NYS math.
I bring in bags of M&Ms students have to count chart and graph the
number for each color.
They get to eat the M&Ms and learn at the same time.
Ira Toak
DeRuyter Central School Pre-K-12 LMS