Thanks for the help.
Here are the "future trends" hits:

1.  Have you tried this Ning?  heres the url [
http://teacherlibrarian.ning.com/ ]http://teacherlibrarian.ning.com/  it
is WONDERFUL!!  I am begining my first year as a MC and have not started
on my MLS yet, so it has been as awesome help to me.  Quick reponses
without a lot of mumbo jumbo crud to filter through.  Please Keep in
touch, we "newbies" need to stick together!  Good Luck!

2.
>Try Doug Johnson's blog, Blue Skunk.  He probably has links to other
blogs on there that would also be good.  Just something I thought of off
the top of my head.

3.
[
http://www.amazon.com/New-Learning-Commons-Where-Learners/dp/1933170409/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279036470&sr=8-1
]The New Learning Commons: Where Learners Win by David V. Loertscher,
Carol Koechlin, and Sandi Zwaan (Paperback - Aug. 1, 2008)

4.  I always like Joyce Valenza for p to date info.

5.  Not really books about trends in library but trends in books and
education.

The Book Whisperer - Donalyn Miller
Engaging the Eye Genereation - Johanna Riddle
Readicide - Kelly Gallagher

6.  Have you tried this Ning?  heres the url [
http://teacherlibrarian.ning.com/ ]http://teacherlibrarian.ning.com/  it
is WONDERFUL!!  I am begining my first year as a MC and have not started
on my MLS yet, so it has been as awesome help to me.  Quick reponses
without a lot of mumbo jumbo crud to filter through.  Please Keep in
touch, we "newbies" need to stick together!  Good Luck!

7.  You may want to suggest
Googled by Auletta
It talks about the history of Google along with the future of media
(new and old) including books and ebooks

Heather Ley
Librarian
Active Learning Center
Watkinson School