Thank you so much to so MANY of you who replied.  I'm all set with responses
now thanks to your generosity.

ORIGINAL TARGET:

I'm writing an article in my Mrs. Skorupski hat about book swaps.  I haven't
hosted one myself but I've talked to folks who have and they sound like an
excellent idea!  Of course, the key is good organization, so that is what
I'd love to hear.  How did you organize yours? For each book that a student
brought in, did they get a book in return? Were there any restrictions? Did
you have a way to ensure that needy kids got books even if they couldn't
donate any?

And then, of course, I'd like to hear any warnings about what NOT to do,
pitfalls, detours, etc.

HIT:

We've done an annual book swap for the last 10 years. I'm happy to share
what we do, although we're a small independent elementary-middle school
(under 300 kids) so, what works for us may not work in a larger setting.

We have very generous families, who often donate gently used books to the
library.  So all year long, we start collecting items to get a head start
and then a week before the swap, publicize the event asking families to send
in items in good condition for children and young adults only (no adult
books). Students may swap up to 10 books (usually on their regularly
scheduled library day) and everyone is entitled to one item, even if they
haven't brought any in.  The teachers also participate, often swapping books
from their classroom collections. We do try to sort on tables as best as
possible, by level/age group, and we do this for an entire week.  We usually
schedule it for when regular library circulation has ended, so students are
still bringing home books from the library.  After the swap is over, we save
a box to start next year's swap and donate the rest to local youth groups.

***

I do a book swap every May.  I think I have done it now for 5 or 6 years.  I
separate the books, one cart is picture books and one cart is chapter
books.  I seed the carts every year.  I use donated books from Mothers who
clean out their children's book shelves, some from the book fair, and some
from classroom book orders.  Teachers sometimes give me points.   There is
really no organization.  For every book a child brings in, they may get one
off the cart.  I don't monitor it closely.  I don't make sure that everyone
brings a book.  My goal is for them to have something to read.  A new
phenomena this year was the teachers.  Many of them brought books to swap.
(Actually they looked through the carts, took the ones they wanted and I
think brought some of theirs back, but I am not positive about that)  I know
some teachers just took some books.  I pack the ones that are left and then
save them for next year.  It is pretty painless.  I had a big donation of
chapter books this year which was really great.  I put many books from the
shelves that I had deleted which still in ok shape.  I need to beef up the
picture books next year.   I did one book that someone left on the cart that
wasn't really appropriate.  It was a adult book for teaching Bible
stories.   That is only time I have had that problem.  We do sometimes have
problems with students leaving books that are missing pages, but the kids
tell me and then I throw it away and they choose another book.

I think the kids like the fact I don't bother them.  In fact we talk about
that the only reason I should even know that they are in the library is if
they select a damaged book.  It is sort of like shopping for free.  The
teachers like it because they know there is an opportunity for the students
to select a book, even though they can't check out.  And this year the
teachers liked it to swap books for themselves.  (We had a ton of teachers
changing grade levels so they brought their classroom books to the cart and
selected appropriate ones for their new grade level.)

They come individually, which is another reason the kids like it.  The book
swap is open all day everyday and they can come anytime their teacher will
let them. The primary kids usually come in small groups…or herds. :-)

***

We have had one at our school for the past 10 years.  I have so much to
share about it, so please contact me if you want more information.  The
students have about two weeks to bring their books in.  I have boxes set up
in my office in which I (and some parents) sort the books into different
categories.  Most stay the same from year to year, but depending on the year
there are always new categories or some that we need to delete.  For every
two books students bring in, they get one book buck.  I do this because
everyone brings in books that are young for them, so I end up with so many
picture books and board books and not very many chapter books.  Teachers
pass out the book bucks.  This year instead of giving out individual book
bucks for each two books the student brings in, I made book buck coupons
that had their name, teacher's name, and amount of book bucks it is worth.
This saved on paper, but also on kids losing their book bucks.  The first
day of the swap is for students with book bucks only.  The second day is for
book bucks and cash.  On this day, students can purchase books for
$.50/book.  The money goes to purchase books for older readers for next
year's book swap at garage sales, book sales, and Goodwill.  I do not
restrict any books, but always get some that are just not appropriate (ie:
How to Nurse Your Newborn, several very religious books, used activity
books, etc.)  I just get rid of those as they come in.  The religious books
I donate to a local church.  Our school is very privileged, so most who want
to participate are able to.  Teachers tend to let me know if there is
someone I should be aware of and then there are always extra book bucks that
students choose not to use so I give them a couple of those.  At the end we
end up with 20-40 boxes of books left over.  Those are donated to another
organization that is in need of books.  Throughout the years we have donated
them to Books for Africa, a school in Africa, a partner school in New
Jersey, Born to Read, a shelter, and a low income school that sent them home
with the students on the last day of school so they had a book in their home
over the summer.

I have documents that I could email to you if you want.  This event always
drives me crazy when it is occurring, but I get so many anecdotes of how
thrilling this is for the students, that it makes everything worthwhile.
Good luck!

***

I've been doing book swaps for years.  They are really pretty simple to do
and the kids really seem to enjoy them.  I now do one a year, the same day
as our school's field (play) day at the end of the year.  About a month
ahead I send out messages in the school newspaper and weekly teacher
messages.  Each child may bring up to three books to exchange.  Each child
may bring more than three books, but anything over three is considered a
donation to the fair.  I ask parents to please check to make sure that
family heirlooms are not brought to school.

I use the student council members to visit each classroom the week before
the fair to pick up books and record how many each child brought.  The
student council members enjoy doing this, but the day of the fair I just
take the students' word for what they brought,  I figure if they really want
books who am I keep them from getting them.  All students take the number of
books they have brought; however, all students may take one book. Besides it
keeps it simple.  I watch for upper level books throughout the year because
that is what we are always short of.  After all, kids get rid of what they
have outgrown and sixth graders do not bring in high level books.

This year I had enough books to let all the first graders take two books
apiece and kindergarteners take three apiece.  I still took two boxes of
books to Goodwill and kept two boxes as fodder for next years fair.

When the books come in I have the student helpers put them into two piles.
One pile is picture books and beginning readers.  The other pile is any book
that can be considered a chapter book.  On the day of the fair I just start
putting books onto tables for the students to go through and make choices.

VERY IMPORTANT:  You must start with the oldest students to let them make
book choices.  If not, the younger students will take all the more difficult
books whether they can read them or not. I always end with kindergarten.

***

Several years ago I was the teacher-librarian at a K-7 elementary school
that had a couple of book swaps. The principal did most of the planning and
the PAC took care of arranging the books in the gym. The three fiction
sections - easy, novels & adult - were arranged by....author name. They
grouped the non-fiction together by like-subjects. Picture books were in
rows on the floor at one end of the gym, novels were on tables mid-gym & the
adult books (mostly novels) were on tables at the other end of the gym.

I can't recall how individual teachers kept track (maybe wrote the # of
books brought in beside each student's name as the books arrived). There was
a week or so of 'bring in books' (we had only 12 divisions/classes in the
school). The PAC members picked up the boxes from the classrooms & sorted
the books a couple of times during the week. They kept the 'sorted' books in
boxes on the stage before the event. Students received a ticket for every
book they had brought in, but they didn't receive their tickets until they
were heading into the gym to select the 'new' books.

Classes went to the gym in rotation, students could only select 2 books at a
time during the first class visit. Classes rotated through twice then the
students that still had tickets got to go again (with the principal
supervising).

The second year was done much like the first - except they only had one
class visit. We then had an evening event that was tied to a "literacy
fair."

At the evening event, there were student displays - in the library, gym,
hallways & classrooms- plus additional books set out for the pre-school
children. The PAC set up a couple of arts'n craft tables - and manned them.
We had special guest readers in the library (the high-school principal that
read pirate stories "in voice" was hugely popular). There were door prize
draws (PAC arranged). It was a very successful and fun event.

For both swaps the principal and I checked for students that hadn't received
any tickets - we made sure that every student received at least 2 tickets.
We randomly (seemingly) would hand out tickets - "that was a really
helpful/kind/whatever...here's a couple book tickets - thank you" or
'chores' that enabled students to earn tickets. Students that had 'many'
tickets also shared -and& later traded books with each other.

The PAC donated books. I cleaned out my bookshelves at home (novels that my
children had left at home when they moved out) and donated those. The
teachers were a great help in ensuring that nobody was left out, as were the
secretary and custodian. Parents were also wonderful about bringing in
'extra' books.

Left-over books, and there really weren't many, were given to a local
charitable organization.

***

Book swap is a hot topic with me right now because we are in the middle of
our annual swap. We always swap during the first week after check out ends
for the year. It's organized like this:

-For three weeks kids bring in their old books to the library -Fifth graders
work as "book swap employees": they check the condition, determine the level
and hand out tickets, one ticket for each book given. -Students in grades
2-5 must be responsible for their own tickets -We keep K and First grade
tickets in an envelope with the teacher's name on it in the library until
the day before the swap. -The first day of no check-out in the library we
cover all the library books and set out all the book swap books on tables,
boxes, carts, etc. I cover the shelves with plastic tablecloths (we use them
for book fair and other events, too) -Books are divided into E for easy to
read; and M for middle readers. E tickets only swap for E books and M
tickets only swap for M books. It's amazing what a fifth grader considers E
and M, so it's not an exact "by reading level" sort. So there are some
chapter books in the Es. In my library I've pulled the 3rd grade reading
level and above picture books and put them in a separate section, so my kids
are used to not looking at a picture book and immediately thinking "easy".
And lots of kids choose books for their siblings, neighbors and friends.
It's really a time when I see their generous spirits. -Every surface area is
covered with books: tables, risers, boxes, circulation desk. By yesterday we
had swapped over 1300 books. Still two days to go. We didn't get them all
displayed until yesterday, so some were still in boxes when the first
children came. -Students come to the library during their resource/specials
time with two tickets only on the first day: each student may only pick two
books on the first day. -The next four days students come to the book swap
during scheduled times and swap the rest of their tickets. Grade levels come
during the "open library" time in the morning or afternoon. Sometimes
individual classes come because I don't see them due to statewide testing.
And the individual classes that are scheduled with me swap during class
time. -The number of left-over books is guess-timated, divided up and
tickets are given to teachers to distribute how they like: kids who didn't
get to swap books, or as a behavior incentive, whatever. Some are books that
were donated during the year. Some kids don't swap all their tickets. I had
one student turn in 69 books. Still waiting to see if he will swap all of
his tickets! -Remaining books are picked over by teachers for classroom
libraries and the rest are donated to day cares, then Goodwill. -We also
hold an adult book swap for teachers and parents to trade their old books
and get some good books for poolside reading! -Books that are donated
throughout the year are saved for the book swap.

My school is K-5.

***

I always had extra books on the tables. I also had the oldest classes go
first so that they had first pick of the titles they might like.  We made
our bags in library classes and I put the flyer inside. (Everyone made a
bag, but not everyone chose to swap.) A permission slip had to be returned.
I did not accept "adult" books but did accept books no matter how messy or
awful looking (would discard.) Even the most impoverished (and our school is
a high Title I percentage) student had a book to swap. I did not provide
books if kids didn't have any to swap (and don't think that I should!) I
took the books out of the lunch bags as they were returned and placed the
lunch bags (checking for the permission slip so that kids did not bring in
books they weren't supposed to give away) into a larger paper bag, one for
each grade. On the day of the book swap, I covered the tables with books and
had the swappers appear.

I got the original idea out of a magazine some years ago and adapted it.

***

Yes, we have done book swaps several times.  Before I do one, I start
collecting books from donations or wherever I can find them just so I have a
few extras.  When I explain it to the kids I tell them - bring in a book you
are finished with and don't want anymore, get permission from Mom or Dad
before you bring it, make sure it is in readable condition (no pages falling
out, no scribbling with crayon, etc.) but it does not need to be new.  They
can bring up to five books in.  They receive a coupon for each book they
bring.  I made coupons for chapter books and coupons for picture books.  On
the day of the swap, they come and spend their coupons - chapter books for
chapter books, picture books for picture books.  They have a great time with
it.

***

First of all, make sure the principal is on board. My principal had concerns
about whether the books would be books that would be appropriate for middle
school. I assured him that any books that were not would be donated to the
high school or the public library's Friends of the Library program.

Next, check books as they are donated to make sure they are in good
condition and do not have any scribbling or kids' drawings of lewd pictures
or profanity added by students.

For each book donated, a student gets that many back. Two paperbacks equals
one hardbound book.

We had a whole set of Harry Potter books donated and I added those to our
swap for kids who probably could not afford to donate a book. Also, I used
Scholastic Book Fair dollars to buy books when on sale. I would get books
that were originally $7.99 marked down to $2-3. I added those to the swap.

At my level, I also allowed them to bring elementary books because some kids
were actually happy to take a Dr. Seuss book home to a younger sibling.

You could also ask teachers to either pick up a book for $5.00 and bring it
in or donate $5.00 for you to buy books for those kids who want to
participate but can't donate a book.

Use your fine money to buy books and add to the swap.

The point is: every student who wants to participate should be allowed to do
so. Every kid gets a book.

***

I've done an annual book swap for many years and it's a huge hit with the
kids.  Here are a few details in no particular order:

1. We collect books for the swap the week following the closing of
circulation.  (I'm in the thick of it right now!)  Kids come at the
convenience of their teacher to drop books off and we record the number they
brought in on their class barcode list.  Students can bring in as many as
they like, but we cap the "shopping" at 10 books.  That way, we always have
extras for kids who don't bring in anything to swap.

2.  I always try to weed prior to the swap, and these become part of the
swap.

3. On their shopping day (their last library class of the year) we pay each
child with "book bucks" based on the number we recorded for them.  We turn
the library into a bookstore and kids "shop."  Those kids who brought no
books get 1 buck to spend.  Everything costs a dollar.

4. Letters are sent home requesting books for the swap--we specify no baby
or toddler books and we ask that things are in good condition.

5. We refresh the offerings for every class so that not all the "good" ones
get snapped up by the first class to shop.

6. We always have plastic bags on hand during shopping so kids with 10 books
to take home have a tote.

7. This is a great way to fill those 15 minutes at the end of class when
kids are no longer signing out books AND it gives me a way to plug summer
reading.  "You all have something new to read this summer and it didn't cost
you a thing.  What a deal!"

8. It's a crazy 10 days or so with boxes and bags all over the place, but it
spreads a lot of good will.  Kids look forward to it so much that it's worth
it.

9.  When all classes have shopped I send an email to staff inviting them to
pick through the leftovers.  After that, we box up any we want to save for
the following year or we take donations to our local Goodwill or Salvation
Army.

***

1.  We used tickets - the kind you can get for raffles at party stores, on a
roll.  They were color coded.  If you brought in a "nearly perfect" novel,
you got one color; picture books were a different color.  We also limited
the number to 3 books each.
2.  We collected all the books one week and sorted them roughly.
3.  The next week, we had kids come in to select their swaps.  We set up the
tables in the library according to the categories - fiction or picture.
Each ticket earned them one swap, and they had to pick from the correct
color coded book (novels or picture books).  That prevented our older kids
from bringing in all their own baby books and swapping them out for chapter
books.  We had a designated time for younger students and then another time
for older students.
4.  I also had some extras, as "seed books," that I placed into the mix,
just because we wanted to have a good selection for all.
5.  It was mostly successful, however, some kids were disappointed near the
end of each session because the pickings were slim.  I would caution you to
be quite particular in accepting the donations.  They must be in good
condition for anyone to want to swap for it.
6.  We had time slots for each level - K,1 for half an hour, then 2,3
followed by 4,5.  Students came down independently, without their teachers,
since not everyone participated.
7.  I kept a running list of the kids who participated, along with the
tickets earned and homeroom, just in case they lost their tickets -- and
some did, of course!
8.  If we did it again (it was a lot of work!) we thought we would add
teachers to the mix.  That way, they could swap out some books from their
classroom libraries and get some new stuff.  We would also reverse the time
slots, for fairness to the older kids.

Book Swap Ideas

Kids may bring in up to three books.  They must be in good condition.  LMS
to decide.  Students will be given one ticket for each book brought in.
Books due in by Feb. 23, 24, 25. LMS to organize the books into tables in
the library. On March 2, students may select books, paying one ticket for
each book selected.  Book swap will take place as follows:
1:00-1:30    Grades K - 1
1:30 - 2:00    Grades 2 -3
2:00 - 2:30    Grades 4-5 Students will be allowed to come in independently
to the LMC for the swap. Left over books will be donated to a worthy cause.

***

We did one where students and parents brought in book during one week-we
didn't keep track. On the day of the sale every book was $, no matter the
size. I guess this wasn't really a swap, but it did work out smoothly and
easily and we earned $800, with very little effort.

It was actually a fifth grade fundraiser and not for the library. We left
tables etc out in the front hall way of school and kids and parents dropped
them off. We only gave one weeks notice which worked out fine. We got a few
parent volunteers together the night before the sale and we separated the
books on tables accd to age appropriateness, including an area for parents.
We did get one adult book that wasn't appropriate, which we all got a good
laugh about.

The next day students came to the sale during after lunch recess, (tables
were set up outside cafeteria), and parents were invited to come any time
throughout the day. Tables and sales were manned by parent volunteers. Every
book was $1 no matter it's size or quality.

That was it! Very easy and charging $1 avoided having to keep track of
donations. Plus we made god money with very little effort. Without
volunteers though it may be difficult to man.

***

We are just starting our 6th annual Summer Book Swap.  We sometimes do one
at Winter Break, and Spring Break if we have the resources, but we always
start the summer with a Book Swap.

Since we have stopped circulating books in the Library (to get them back,
get them organized, and get them inventoried) we give each student a free
book on Library Day instead.  These are gifts and discards form teacher
collections, and anything we can gather throughout the year.  Some are new,
some old, but all are sorted into upper and lower levels readers.   When
students come to class, we open the appropriate boxes, and spread the books
out on our tables.  Students "shop" for a book, and leave happy.

The following two weeks, on Library Day, the students can bring one to three
books and swap for the same number.  If they bring more, they are often
disappointed and cannot find enough books to take.  Somehow the books keep
changing, and the kids keep finding ones that are interesting.

I always offer to let them swap between weekly classes, but the students
rarely do.  One enterprising youngster, however, brought 3 books each day
until he had essentially swapped his entire home collection!

The only pitfalls we have encountered occur when students bring books that
no one wants: either they are too babyish, in poor condition, or really
strange topics. Parents often look upon this time as a chance to clean out
closets, so we never really give away ALL of the books, although we
sometimes try!

***

I am doing a book swap for the first time in a couple weeks (June 16). A
teacher loved the idea when I presented it and is helping me. We are asking
students to bring in 10 books or more and they can swap (receive) up to 6
books. We are trying to keep it simple. They can swap a book for a book
regardless if it is paperback or hardcover. If they bring in 10 or more
books they have "credit" for a friend to swap in case they aren't able to
bring in any books (this way everyone wins).  Also, teachers/staff can
donate books so there are plenty of "extras". As of now we are planning on
having each student pick a book one at a time until each student has 6
books. This way they don't have to go to the table at a frenzy. I gave a box
for each teacher to place books into until set up time.

I'm sure we'll have left over books and I'll save them for next year. We're
thinking of doing the swap again before our December break and again before
summer.

***

I do a book swap every year. I limit the number of books to five paperbacks
with the caveat that students are invited to bring in as many as they choose
(hardback too) so long as they are aware that they may not find an equal
number of books they are interested in. The extras become donations and go
to either my collection or classroom collections, and secretly to students
who just need books for economic reasons. Truthfully, I don't think the
needy students even know where the books come from that their "teachers give
them;" the teachers just know that they can come to me.

I keep lists of participating students by class and simply write how many
they brought in. They can then select an equal number of books. I tell them
that if they cannot find something they like, they can select for siblings,
cousins, neighbors etc, or simply take as many as they can find that they do
like.

I ALWAYS end up with leftover books. I tell the kids that the books must be
in good shape, but accept almost anything from them as I always have extra,
and many are financially needy (those books are discreetly disposed of). I
just want the kids to get books!  I do tell the students in advance that
they must be appropriate for elementary school, and can't be about sensitive
topics.

The swap takes place on one day, and all participating students are called
to the library at the same time. I simply stand in a prominent place and ask
students to check in with me before they leave. I check that they have taken
the correct number of books, and cross their name off the list.  If a
student is absent, I make sure to find them when they return to school, and
they select from what is left. I do sometimes delve into my donated books
(not intended for the swap, but not yet added to my collection) to supply
those few students with something they might want.

Some years are better than others in terms or participation and quality of
books, but the kids look forward to it, and several ask (usually around May)
when the book exchange is going to be.

***

This may not be quite what you were looking for since it's a twist on the
usual book swap. We had a "Read for Relief" for hurricane victims when I was
in Kansas (this was before Katrina and I sadly can't quite recall which
hurricane) and I was working in a fairly well-to-do area. Kids were invited
to bring their gently used paperbacks which we organized and sold, with
Student Council help, for $.25 each. Proceeds were donated to the Red Cross.
One of the neat things was that kids who had a few extra quarters bought
books for their friends who forgot or didn't have enough extra cash.

***

Up until our library clerk position was eliminated two years ago, our book
swaps ran like this:

1 - classroom teachers promoted it in newsletters home and flyers were sent
home from the library explaining the book swap to parents and kids
2 - we set empty boxes aside to hold books for each grade level
3 - students could exchange paperback chapter books at their reading level
and in good condition ONLY
4 - up to ten books per student.  Anyone could bring in as many as they
wanted, but could leave with only ten.
5 - tickets were filled out for each student who brought in books indicating
the number of books they brought in.  They were entitled to exchange each
ticket for a book or share their tickets with others, if they want.
6 - the ticket form (one for each classroom) stayed in the library (just in
case)
7 - on the day of the book swap, the scheduled grade level's books were
spread over the library tables for the exchange.  We started with highest
grade first.  Students had 30 minutes to select books and "check out"
(verify the number of books vs. their number of tickets) at the circ desk.
8 - The tables were re-loaded with leftovers from that group and the next
lower grade's books.
9 - when every grade had been through, leftover books either went into
classroom libraries or were donated to a local charity.

* It's important to keep a written record in the library of how many books
each child brings in.
* "Paperback chapter books at student reading levels ONLY" makes it possible
for everyone to find something they'd like to read and you don't get stacks
of baby books or coffee table books that nobody wants.

***

Here's a letter I sent home to parents explaining how the swap works for us-

Dear Parents, In order to encourage your student to read over the long
vacation, we will be holding a book-swap the last full week of school
(December 14-18) during your student's regular library time. Here is the way
it works:

Students bring in books that they have read and enjoyed, that they are
willing to give away; books will not be returned. Books should be in good
shape and an appropriate reading and interest level, something they would
share with a classmate. Students may bring in as many books as they wish,
but will only be allowed to take home 6. Extra books may be donated to the
swap for future use, or credit given to a classmate who did not bring any
books in. Books are left in a container in the classroom, and a record is
kept of the number of books each student brings in.  Books should not be
swapped at this point.

On the day of the swap, the container of books and list are brought to the
library. There is an additional cart of books that will be added to each
class's books. Library cart books are from previous swaps and donations, not
the library shelves.  Students then swap one for one- they may choose one
book from the swap for each they bring in. Books are swapped one for one, or
two paperbacks for 1 hardcover.

This system has worked well in the past, and seems to prevent most problems.
It is a great opportunity to "weed" your student's collection to make room
for new books, and to encourage reading over the holidays.  Let me know if
you have any questions or concerns. You can email me through the school
library website.

Thanks, And a happy holidays to all your family.

***

Kids bring in books for the swap in the 2 weeks prior to the event, and I
give them tokens for each one. (I use foam cut-outs purchased by the bucket
at the crafts store). These tokens can then be redeemed on the day(s) of the
big swap. The tokens are worth 1, 5 or 10 books.  On the back, they have
little labels that I printed that read "Book Token". This system works quite
well.

Some kids bring in tons of books, and their parents admonish them NOT to
bring home that many, so I encourage those children to share their book
tokens with their classmates. I always have LOTS of books for "seed" that I
store all year long just for the big swap.  At the end of the swap, I always
have more books for younger readers than I want to store, so I invite the
teachers to bring their classes down so every child can pick a "freebie".  I
also hand out book tokens as prizes for small heroic deeds to the children
during the month leading up to the event.

One problem I've encountered is that I don't have as many books for my 4th
and 5th graders, because all the kids bring in books they've outgrown (which
are usually picture books, of course).  I tried to get a neighboring middle
school to do a collection for me, so that I'd have more to offer my 4th and
5th grade, but it didn't really pan out.  I usually supplement the chapter
book selection with volumes I pick up at Goodwill or garage sales.  I also
keep the little kid's books separate from the older student's selections, so
I don't end up with a first grader taking home books meant for more mature
readers.

The kids really look forward to this event all year, and it's a great way to
get fresh reading material into their hands for the summer months ahead.
The event also alleviates some of my guilt about cutting off circulation of
library materials during the last week when I'm trying to inventory the
collection!

--
Toni Buzzeo, MA, MLIS <mailto:tonibuzzeo@tonibuzzeo.com>
Maine Library Media Specialist of the Year Emerita

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu