I didn't receive my replies to my request.  I was looking for any tips from
workshops you've attended.  I need
things to jazz up my presentation.  Thanks to all that responded.

I have been known to take chocolate...last time I presented it was a huge hit.  I
was the last session of the last day....not a good time to be presenting.
I also like cartoons as they interject a laugh as I am not a natural comic.

As a lead-in can you make a PowerPoint and use pictures of old librarians, old
computers, a card catalog to project with some captions that say, “This was yo
mama’s computer!” “This was yo mama’s card catalog” etc. I Googled
“card catalog cabinet” and came up with some great pictures!

I'd start with a quick, fun read-aloud. I'd suggest a portion of Melanie Watt's new
picture book, Have I Got a Book for You! Very cute, "selling" the book like a used
car salesman. Then you could segue into "Have I Got a LIBRARY for You!" Just a
thought. Good luck!

One of my favorites was 60 Sites in 60 minutes.  Sharing sites quickly, but
never bored and if that site didn't work for me, the next one might and I didn't
have to wait long.
I'm a big fan of group work and having them work together.  Also, make sure you are
as excited about the material as you can be.

Also, giving candy out as a reward every time someone answers a question is helpful
as well.

Sounds great!  My favorite workshops are where there is some interaction- and the
content is posted online rather than in handouts which I tend to chuck at the end.
If you collect email addresses and email to a page of ideas that is very friendly.
Also - if there is time to brainstorm some ideas from the audience - with perhaps
some written down that could be added to the content.  (very large chart stickies
given to groups works well for this) -

However, you probably have enough content and it sounds interesting enough that I'd
just sit and listen without any goodies.  Enjoy!  I think if the presenter is
interested in their topic it always comes through.

Pat Hoppe
Lincoln MS
marbeth2@aol.com