I am totally shocked by Hollywood!!! I was just listening to the newest
NCIS that we DVR'd yesterday May 4th. About a third of the way through
the show or so Denozo was in a local bookstore that is for sale. The
real estate gal says the bookstore isn't really worth a whole lot
because "Everyone is getting electronic readers. Books are a dying
business!"

I disagree! It is kind of like "If you give a mouse a cookie" syndrome.
If you purchase a reader, then you will want to download books. if you
download books, then you are going to want a super fast internet
connection. If you have a super fast internet connection you will want a
full charge. I you have a full charge, you might also want a extra
backup battery pack. If you get a backup battery pack, then your going
to want a carrier. If you get a carrier, your going to want and extra
compartment for the battery backup pack. If you get an extra carrier for
the BBP then you are going to want. . . And so it goes.

With every new gadget the anti goes up, and up, and up! Kindles were not
out a week or so when I heard the first, Oops, I broke it on LM_NET!
Books don't break just because you bump it or accidentally hit a button
you didn't mean to when you are picking the thing up!

Give me a good book any day~! I love my laptop, iPod, cell phone, and
such, but I really do not see them replacing my books, ever!
Colette

Colette D. Eason, Librarian
http://tlmlibrary.blogspot.com/
Marsalis ES
5640 S. Marsalis Ave.
Dallas, TX 75241
Box 317, TEA #183
Dallas ISD
ceason@dallasisd.org
972-749-3508
FAX 972-749-3501

At the moment that we persuade a child, any child, to cross that
threshold,
that magic threshold into a library, we change their lives forever, for
the
better. ~~Barack Obama

You see, I don't believe libraries should be drab places where people
sit in
silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing
wild
animals as librarians. ~~Monty Python

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu