This is a great lesson plan, but you can tell the designer wasn't an English
teacher! English teachers all know that a simile compares two unlike things
using "like" or "as," while a metaphor compares them *without* using "like"
or "as." Since this plan says for students to label their poster with, "The
three branches of government under the Constitution *are like a* ..." it is
a simile.

Terri L. Street, School Librarian
Longfellow Middle School
Norman, Oklahoma
tstreet@norman.k12.ok.us

"Never judge a book by its movie." -- J. W. Eagen