we circulate/inventory all equipment and software on our Winnebago system.
 We record info. such as P.O. #, cost, SN numbers etc.    This is
invaluable for keeping track of where things are, how much the items are
used, and providing data to vendors in case things break down or to police
in case of theft.   How we enter data may not always be according to MARC
standards--but it server our purpose.  It allows us to be efficient and
provide immediate access and information about resources in all formats.
We forward copies of records for capital expenditures (computers,
expensive equipt. etc) to the business office so they can include this
info. in the fixed asset account.
Mary Alice Anderson
Winona (Minn) Middle School

LM_NET Archive Home