We have a truly open lab in the media center.  The media centerused the be
an auditorium; the lab used to be a stage.  We've had it sinece 1986.  It
is used by classes and by individuals.  It is so neat because they can get
their books or whatever they need and then go sit down and write, draw or
whatever.   It is not disruptive and supervision is easy.  In 8 years only
2 kids have ever jumped off the edge of the former stage!  We also have
about 12 computers (Macs and GS's) in the media center and another room
off themedia center used for group instruction, production etc.   There
are also other labs throughout our school, but this one in the media
center that kids can use on their own.  It works great.
Mary ALice Anderson

LM_NET Archive Home