The movie was Storm Center and it came out in 1956.  Used a *book*
to get the answer (Halliwell's Filmgoers Companion).
On Thu, 13 Jan 1994, Mary E Bryan wrote:

> Please post to the whole LM_NET, thanks.
>
> On Mon, 10 Jan 1994, Allison G Kaplan wrote:
>
> > Not exactly a school library question, but I hope someone can help me.
> > Years and years ago there was a movie with Bette Davis where she plays a
> > librarian who refuses to remove a book from the library. Eventually the
> > library is burned down (I think) but the townsfolk learn a lesson about
> > intellectual freedom. It's probably a movie Ms. Davis would like to
> > forget, but I'd like to remember it. Can anyone supply me with the name
> > and the year it came out?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Allison Kaplan
> > Education Resource Center
> > University of Delaware
> > Newark, DE 19716-2940
> > akaplan@brahms.udel.edu

                                        Lois Feldman
lfeldma@eis.calstate.edu                Birmingham High School
Former home of the Valley Girl          17000 Haynes St.
Fer sure, fer sure                      Van Nuys, CA 91406

LM_NET Archive Home