=0D
Here is the hit I promised on what I found out about graphic novels for
elementary.  I also received a copy of an article: "Graphic Novels for
Younger Readers" (Book Links May 2004).  =0D
=0D
I appreciate all the people who took the time to share with me..=0D
=0D
The only books I haven't found are the "Bone series" Any more information=
 on
that series would be appreciated.=0D
=0D
The hit follows:=0D
=0D
Some of my students enjoy Tin Tin books and also "Little Lit"... let me k=
now
if you need more info about them.=0D
****
*******************************************************************=0D
Have they also read Pilkey's "Ricky Ricotta's..." books?  My son - very
reluctant reader loves these too.  I think there is a total of 6 books in
this series.  =0D
****
*********************************************************************=0D
H. B. Homzies "Alien Clones from Outer Space" books are also favorites of=
 my
son.  =0D
 =0D
Both my daughter (an avid reader) and son are enjoying Mary Amato's new=20
Snarf Attack, Underfoodle and the Secret of Life:  The Riot Brothers Tell
All." =0D
 =0D
Is there a topic in the Magic Tree House series that really interests the=
m?=20
My experience here is that if I can find "1" topic and get them hooked on
that book, they want to read ALL of them.=0D
 =0D
They are old, but the "Adventures of Tin Tin" are graphic novels with a
mystery twist.=0D
 =0D
Art Spiegelman has a "Little Lit's" series as well.  These are also older
and may not really interest your readers.=0D
=0D
 ************************************************************************=
****
***************************************************************=0D
The Tin Tin series by Herge, the Little Lit series by Speigleman and the
Bone series by I forget are safe for elementary.=0D
****
******************************************************************=0D
Scholastics new Franny K. Stein series is along the same lines.=0D
****
=0D
Jan Cole=0D
LMS=0D