*Scholarship Money available!*

*Last chance to apply for the 2009 Rocky Mountain Chapter SLA Rebecca
Jackson Memorial Scholarship!*

* *

*Deadline is September 11, 2009!*

YOU could be the winner of the 2009 Rebecca Jackson Memorial Scholarship!

Each year, the Rocky Mountain Chapter of SLA awards a scholarship to a
library school student currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in
Library/Information Science. Eligible candidates are required to be living
in the Chapter region (Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, or South Dakota) and/or be
enrolled in a graduate library school program in the Chapter region or
abroad (distance program.)

The amount awarded depends on the funds raised through donations and our
scholarship fundraising event held each year. This year’s event “*RMSLA Day
at the Ballpark”* promises a nostalgic day a great American pastime
featuring the Colorado Rockies vs. the Cincinnati Reds at Coors Field on
Monday, September  at 1:10 pm. Bring out your family and friends to join us
at the ballpark. Let’s have a fun relaxing time watching great baseball and
supporting the Rebecca Jackson Scholarship fund. To find out more about the
even or order tickets, go to the RMSLA website at:
http://units.sla.org/chapter/crmt/index.asp

 You may also make a contribution at any time to the scholarship fund by
contacting the RMSLA Treasurer, Laura Cullerton at
lcullerton@plattcolorado.edu

Of course, you cannot be awarded the scholarship unless you fill out an
application first. The application essentials, in MS Word format, are listed
below along with additional guidelines and information. For more information
on this scholarship and other RMSLA activities go to:
http://units.sla.org/chapter/crmt/index.asp

You can contact Michelle Rainbolt, the RMSLA Academic Relations Chair and
she will provide a copy upon request. However, to be considered for a
scholarship award, your application must be postmarked/emailed/faxed by
midnight on *September 11, 2009*.

Find out how to apply below!

Good Luck!

Michelle Rainbolt 303-795-7151 or mrainbolt@gmail.com

*Application guidelines and process:*

* *

   - Applicants must be residents (and living) in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming or
   South Dakota.
   - Applicants must be currently enrolled in an initial graduate degree
   program in library and information science, whether in the Chapter region or
   via a distance graduate program. (The scholarship is not awarded to PhD
   candidates or for continuing education/certificate programs.)
   - Part-time and/or online students are eligible as well as full-time
   students.
   - Applicants must be SLA members. If the person is not an SLA member upon
   application, they should be by award time. Belonging to a related special
   libraries organization such as CCML or CoALL is a plus.
   - Eligible candidates need to have completed classes so that they have an
   academic track record and a school reference.  If they are accepted to a
   program, but have not completed any coursework prior to the application
   deadline, we recommend that they apply the following year.
   - The person needs to display financial need.  If financial need is not
   described or documented, the candidate may be contacted for additional
   information during a tight decision.  If an individual has financial
   need, but is receiving a form of financial aid or other scholarships, then
   it is considered when evaluating their financial need.
   - The candidate needs to articulate an interest in special libraries.  Work
   background is considered in evaluating their interest.
   - Involvement in the Rocky Mountain Chapter is a plus.

Other criteria we consider:

We would like the award to go to someone who is committed to staying in the
region, if possible.  Indications are that they have a home or family and an
employment history in the area, and are not just residing there for a year
or two while in school.

Rocky Mountain Chapter, SLA
Rebecca Jackson Memorial Scholarship Application

Name____________________________________________________________

Email __________________________________________________________

Phone ________________________Best time of day to call__________

Street address:_________________________________________________

City_______________________State/Province:_______Zip____________

How did you hear about this scholarship?_________________________

Graduate Library Program you are enrolled in:

Name of Institution_____________________________________________

Address of Institution__________________________________________

Dates attended____________ Expected Graduation date_____________

Credit Hrs. Completed:_________Credit Hrs. Remaining:___________

Reference from school who knows your work:

Name and title:_________________________________________________

Phone____________________________email__________________________

Other Reference:

Name and title:_________________________________________________

Phone____________________________email__________________________

Honors, prizes, awards, and honor societies: ____________________

Special focus of study: ________________________________________

Describe briefly any independent study, research or thesis completed or in
process:

Are you an SLA member? ______

Other professional society or organization memberships:

Please describe your interest or experience in Special Libraries:

*Financial need:*

One of the factors used to decide who will receive this scholarship is
financial need.  Please let us know why you are applying for this
scholarship.  Please attach any supporting documentation, and list any other
scholarships received or applied for.

*Education:*

Undergraduate

Name of Institution_____________________________________________

Address of Institution__________________________________________

City__________________________State________Zip__________________

Dates attended____________Degree________________________________

Grade Point Average______________Subject________________________

Previous Graduate work

Name of Institution_____________________________________________

Address of Institution__________________________________________

City__________________________State________Zip__________________

Dates attended____________Degree________________________________

Grade Point Average_______________Subject_______________________

Other Post Secondary schools or institutions

Name of Institution_____________________________________________

Address of Institution__________________________________________

Dates attended____________Degree________________________________

Grade Point Average_______________Subject_______________________

Name of Institution_____________________________________________

Address of Institution__________________________________________

Dates attended____________ Degree_______________________________

Grade Point Average_______________Subject_______________________

*Experience: *Please list below, last three positions held.

Name & Address of Library, Company, Etc:

Position: ______________________________________Dates___________

Duties:

Name & Address of Library, Company, Etc:

Position: ______________________________________ Dates__________

Duties:

Name & Address of Library, Company, Etc:

Position: _______________________________________ Dates_________

Duties:

You may attach any additional pages or documentation to this application.

I agree to notify Rocky Mountain Chapter, SLA if I relocate, or of all
changes in my financial and academic status which occur during and after the
period in which my application is being considered. I understand the
Association may withdraw its offer of a scholarship if I fail to report such
changes.

signature:______________________________________________________

Questions: Michelle Rainbolt 303-795-7151 or mrainbolt@gmail.com

Submit application by September 11, 2009 (must be postmarked, emailed or
faxed by) to:

Michelle M. Rainbolt, RMSLA

3522 W. Patterson Pl.

Littleton, CO 80123