Many of you have written to me to ask about CIP at the Library
of Congress.  In my original request for info, I asked for an
Internet address so that we could write to protest the changes in
CIP on children's books.

Well, I finally called the Library of Congress, CIP dept, since I
do not live that far away.  The woman with whom I spoke didn't
know anything about Internet, and suggested that I write to the
Chief of Cat. & Publication Division and ask for an Internet
address, if he has one.  She explained that the CIP data would
remain in the books, except for the summaries, due to budget cuts
and lack of funding/personnel.  The same will be true when you
"net" in to LC MARVEL for marc records (which I often do when
there isn't enough info in the book).

Here's his name/address--go for it!

John Celli
Chief-Cat. & Publications Division