Just an addition to the study hall question--

Our school (grades 7 & 8) will be starting study halls in another week.
I have already planned how I will handle it:  First, I'll go to each
study hall and personally explain the rules -- no talking (oooh, tough),
max 3 per table, you must have library work to do, no passes to locker,
restroom etc.

Now, here's the imporant part -- I plan to have each kid write on his
pass what he plans to do in the library.  First of all, it will make
him think about what he plans to do there.  Second, if he is goofing
off, I can check his pass and get him back on task.  If he doesn't
cooperate, I just won't let him come back for a while.

LM_NET Archive Home