Realistic fiction or not?  That is the question when it comes to
Spinelli's Maniac McGee.  Joe Light wrote..."definitely not realistic
fiction and has not intention of being so".  MISSNERM@vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu
wrote..."Maniac was not realistic fiction but a fantasy".  Mary Coleman
and Carol Spenser both say that it is contemporary realistic fiction and
there are others who agree.  Nevertheless, here are the titles:
Janet Rowdon sent:                  Debra Whitbeck sent:
Bauer, On my honor                  Paterson, Bridges to Terabithia
Blume, Tiger eyes                   Paterson, Great Gilly Hopkins
Brooks, Moves make the man          Byars, Pinballs
Burch, Ida Early/mountain           Cleaver, Where the lilies bloom
Byars, Cracker Jackson              Hahn, Daphne's Book
Cameron, Room made/windows          Voigt, Dicey's Song
Cleary, Dear Mr. Henshaw            Voigh, Solitary Blue
Cleaver, Where/lilies bloom
Cohen, Thank you J. Robinson        Sandra Ann Williams wrote:
Conford, Fleicia the critic         Reynolds, Shiloh
Enright, The Saturdays              Paterson, Bridge to Terabithia
Fitzhugh, Harriet the spy
Fox, Village by the sea             Carolyn Haney sent:
Greene, Making of rabbit            Avi, Blue Heron
Greenfield, Sister                  Avi, Something upstairs
Hagh, Daphnes book                  Birdseye, Tom Tucker
Hamilton, Zeely                     Byars, Wanted...Mud Blossom
Hurqitz, Class Clown                Christopher, Skateboard tough
Langton, Fragile flag               Christopher, Takedown
Lowry, Rabble Starkey               DeClements, Five finger discount
MacLachlan, Facts & fic. Minna PrattDuffey, Gadget war
Miles, Real me                      Fenner, Randall's wall
Paterson, Bridge to Terabithia      Fleischman, Jim Ugly
Paulsen, Winter Room                Hahn, Spanish kidnapping disaster
Rylant, Blue eyes Daisy             Hermes, I hate being gifted
Slote, Moving on                    Hermes, Take care of my girl
Taylor, Roll of Thunder/cry         Hill, Toughboy and sister
Voigt, Homecoming                   Irwin, Original Freddie Ackermann
Yep, Dragonwings                    Kehret, Cages
                                    Manes, Chocolate covered ants
Liz Hildreth sent:                  Marina, Eighty-eight steps to Sept.
Patterson, Great Gilly Hopkins      McKenna, Truth about sixth grade
Cleary, Stider                      Paulsen, Haymeadow
                                    Pendergraft, As far as Mill Springs
Margaret Mary Bedle sent:           Spinelli, Fourth grade rats
Bauer, On my honor                  Steiner, Ghost cave
Paterson, Great Gilly Hopkins       Wood, Man who loved clowns
Lowery, Number the stars
Byars, Pinballs
Byars, Cracker Jackson

Thanks to everyone!