I'm at a 7,8,9 school with 1200 kids.  I have come to recognize the
regulars -- mostly 9th graders who have a minimum number of classes.
I make it a point to let them know I see them.  I try to get them to
help me.  Short term things like  Could you duct tape that wire for
me under the window?  I need this table moved.  Do you mind stapling
these handouts while you're chatting?  Do you have time to look through
this list of suggested adult books for young adults for ideas on which
ones you think we need to buy.  Could you explain to this 7th grader
how the late bus pass system works?  Obviously, I don't but the same kid
on a regular basis, but some groups come and ask if there's anything to
do.  I've still got the old catalog cards to be x'ed and recycled as
notecards.  The plants usually need watering, Regected copies and computer
printouts can be cut in quarters for phone message pads.  And still
there are some I'd like to send to the farm for airing out.
Theresa Toy t_toy@mentor.unh.edu Rundlett Jr High, Concord, NH 03301

LM_NET Archive Home